Friday, February 17, 2012

Watchin' Trailerz with Doug (February 17)

The trailer for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was released this week (you can check it out here). If you've been dying to see a dude dressed like Abraham Lincoln (complete with stovepipe hat) acting a ninja, murdering CGI vampires, then this movie was made for you. I really don't know how I feel about it yet. The title is hilarious, but director Timur Bekmambetov is assuring everyone that the movie is completely serious. Which is good? I love Starship Troopers more than most, and part of the reason it's so goddamned great is because there's a complete lack of self-awareness. The joke isn't telegraphed, and that also appears to be the case here. So ... good? Yay? I'm happy about this? What do you guys think?

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Release date: June 22, 2012



So much of this movie's premise appeals to me. The impending end of the world, road trips, an R rating, unrequited love, Rob Huebel, being alone, classic Talking Heads, losing everything ... I'm such a cynical SOB, so it's rare when I find a trailer that just clicks. I won't say too much, other than I'm really looking forward to it. Let's hope its summer release date doesn't mean it's a mindless, dumb comedy. Let's hope Steve Carell can break out of his cinematic slump (barf on you, Date Night and Dinner for Schmucks). Let's hope Keira Knightley's underbite doesn't (wait for it) ... underwhelm! She gets to kiss Gillian Jacobs, and that, by itself, is reason enough to see this.

Take This Waltz
Release date: June 29, 2012



SARAH SILVERMAN GETS NAKED IN THIS MOVIE ONE PLEASE AND ONE MORE IN TWO HOURS THEN A NAP THEN MAYBE A LIGHT SNACK THEN ONE MORE TICKET I THINK YOU SEE WHERE I'M GOING WITH THIS


Monumental: In Search of America's National Treasure
Release date: March 27, 2012



If Mike Seaver spent as much time searching for Richard Stabone's body as he did searching for America's soul, Andrew Koenig would still be alive. Of course, I'm kidding, because it doesn't look like Kirk Cameron spent ANY TIME on this "documentary" (vigorous sarcastic quotation marks). RIP Boner. And RIP America.

2 comments:

  1. F-Head RossReeder shared this with me after my deadline, so I'm posting it here (thanks Ross!). It's the newest teaser for Prometheus:

    http://youtu.be/pamcfmMGuGw.

    If you love the musical cues from Inception mixed with the alien whine from Alien, then this is for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its offical. Mike Seaver is dead to me.
    And I seriously want to kick Kirk Cameron in the nuts with a duckodile.

    ReplyDelete